All Recess Chairs come with a guaranteed limited Lifetime Warranty that covers any physical damage as a result of poor workmanship during manufacturing, affecting the structure and integrity of the unit. This includes defects with the polypropylene (PP) back frames, polyurethane (PU) & PP armrests, steel and nylon bases and PU castors. The height adjustable gas mechanism and other ergonomic adjustment mechanisms are covered by a 2-Year Warranty. Any fabric, mesh and foam materials are also covered by a 2-year warranty. We will provide & install replacement parts if a failure occurs during the warranty period. Outside these warranty periods, we have a range of spare parts available for purchase.
The Warranty period begins on the date that you receive your Chair. The Recess Warranty is personal to you, the purchaser and cannot be transferred to anyone else.
What isn't covered in the warranty?
Please note, the following is not included in our Soundproof Booth warranty:
- Normal wear and tear, including minor pilling, fading, stains and discolouration and softening of the product that does not affect performance;
- Minor changes or settling to chair cushioning layers that may cause visible or unseen indentations of less than 25 mm;
- Spillage on fabric, minor scratches or breakage of hard surface as a result of customers misuse;
- Damage caused by alterations or modifications to the product or where the product is used in an abnormal manner and/or not for its intended purpose;
- Damaged caused by improper use, cleaning, maintenance, treatment, storage or otherwise caused by your acts or omissions;
- Refurbishment or upgrade of any components of a Unit in an attempt to renew the unit;
- Damage caused by transit, delivery, redelivery, and/or post-delivery moving performed by an unauthorised person(s) - unauthorised being anyone arranged outside of Recess’ delivery & assembly partners;
- Damage caused by the disassembly and reassembly by an unauthorised person(s) - unauthorised being anyone arranged outside of Recess’ assembly partners;
- Acts of nature, including but not limited to fire, flood, water damage, hurricanes, tornados, windstorm, hail, earthquake, smoke, or other heat sources, as well as exposure to the cold, theft, negligence, riot, vandalism, graffiti (drawing) or any other peril;
- Acts of God, any hostile act or act of war, terrorism, insurrection or rebellion, special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages whether in contract, tort, or negligence;
- Crushing of any type caused by loads exceeding each respective component’s load-bearing capacity leading to breakage of structural components;
- Any defects in products that we brought to your attention when you purchased the product and were approved by yourself in writing.